WK is a proactive advisory and accounting firm with offices in Blenheim, Christchurch, and Nelson. We truly care about the success of our clients, our team, and our communities. This is represented by our vision, or what we call the WK Effect.
We stand behind our values in everything we do:
- Accessible – be there when it counts
- Dedicated – go the extra mile
- Vibrant – bring the energy
- Integrity – do the right thing
- Caring – be sensitive to others
- Excellence – strive for the best
Purpose of the role
We are more than just a compliance firm. Accordingly, you’ll need to really understand the business environment to add value to our clients and their businesses.
Our Christchurch office is growing rapidly, therefore requiring the need for a senior advisor to join our team to assist in the delivery of services across a portfolio of clients.
You will be responsible for completing technical and compliance work for a variety of clients and industries. Typical work includes preparation of financial statements, tax returns, cashflow forecasting, management reporting etc, and helping clients achieve success by providing support and finding effective solutions to the challenges they may face.
We are looking for someone with 4-5 years’ experience in an accounting environment. You will have strong technical skills and the ability to assess complex information. As you will be liaising directly with clients, you will be an effective communicator.
You will also:
- Have the desire and drive provide excellent service to clients
- The passion to continually develop your skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with Xero an advantage
- Be a self-manager, maintaining high standards
- Be a team player, with a willingness to collaborate
What we offer
Grow your career with WK and gain exposure to industry leading services plus
- Flexible work options, including working remotely, or with flexible or reduced hours
- Training and development opportunities, including in-house training, on the job mentoring and external events
- Supportive leadership and a collaborative team environment
- Modern offices and vibrant culture in a great city fringe location
- Offer study leave options and are a registered ATO to support CAANZ requirements
If you’re keen to progress your career with us, please apply today!
You will be well rewarded and be part of a friendly and vibrant team, working from modern offices in Riccarton. Applications via Seek only please. Applications close 18 August 2022. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.