Marlborough is known for its beautiful weather and wineries and offers a fantastic lifestyle, especially for families. Opportunities of this calibre rarely come available in the region and as such if you feel you have the necessary experience, and the location holds long term appeal, then we strongly recommend you get in touch to explore further.
We are an innovative, proactive and leading provincial advisory and accounting firm, with offices in Blenheim, Nelson and Christchurch. We’re looking for a dynamic accountant who has a genuine interest in agriculture to join our Blenheim team.
We are more than just a compliance firm and are committed to providing our clients with proactive business advisory services. Accordingly, you’ll need to really understand the business environment and how to communicate with business people, and have the desire to be involved in and continue to grow WK’s rural network.
This role presents the opportunity to progress your career to a leadership position.
What we offer:
- A flexible working environment to support your work/life balance
- Support for professional and personal development
- A winning team with a great culture
We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience within a NZ Chartered Accounting firm
- Relationship focused and the desire and drive to provide excellent service to client
- The passion to continually develop their skills
- A good knowledge of the NZ tax system, Primary Industries accounting and tax
- Computer skills, Xero and Figured an advantage
- Ability to prepare and review financial statements, income tax and other IRD compliance work
- Excellent time management and English communication skills both spoken and written
- An outgoing personality, honesty, integrity and a sense of humour
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Review annual financial statements for company statutory reporting for a diverse client portfolio
- Reviewing a variety of clients’ tax returns including GST, FBT, PAYE, RWT, and income tax returns
- Liaising directly with clients and relevant stakeholders on all related compliance matters
- Assisting the team to develop advisory solutions for clients
- Preparing and reviewing monthly management accounts for select clients
If you believe you’re right for our team, then please contact General Manager Amanda Wyngaard to register your interest!
To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Assistance for relocation costs would be considered for the right candidate.