Former WK Director, Peter Forrest, has recently been acknowledged with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) Fellowship – a prestigious international accounting award which recognises services to both the profession and local community.
“CA ANZ Fellowships recognise outstanding achievement and contribution in the accounting profession. This year’s Fellows demonstrate the continued difference Chartered Accountants make in both their professional roles as well as in their local communities,” says Peter Vial, New Zealand Country Head for CA ANZ.
Back in 1987, two local accounting firms “Winstanley Robbie & King” and “Kerridge and Sutherland”, of which Peter was a director of at the time, amalgamated to form Winstanley Kerridge (WK). For over 30 years, Peter was a highly valued member of the WK family and has always been actively involved with many community organisations and enterprises over his years including:
- Six years as the President of the Marlborough Chamber of Commerce
- Trustee of the Inaugural Board of Marlborough Electricity Power Trust
- Former Director of the Marlborough Lines Company
- Former Marlborough Rugby referee
- Former Director of Taxation at WK Advisors and Accountants, with over 30 years of commitment to WK and our local community.
WK Advisors and Accountants would not be where it is today without the hard work and contributions from Peter Forrest. During his 30+ years at WK, Peter was a stellar tax specialist and has formed very close friendships with staff and long-standing clients. We are extremely grateful for his efforts and glad to see him being recognised for this well-deserved award!
Peter receives his fellowship during the September Ceremony.