Are you focusing your time and energy on the right things at the moment? The things you CAN control, that will help your business thrive? Or are you focussing on things you can’t control, like politics, rules, regulations, outbreaks, lockdowns etc?
The pandemic brought time; time for yourself, time for family and time to work on your business. The time to rest, reflect and reset meant there were no longer those day to day distractions or excuses and you were made to tackle those tasks that you would have otherwise put off.
In today’s day and age where our lives are busier now more than ever, it is a rare occurrence that we get time to pop our heads above the water. But this is important, don’t let those pre-COVID habits and distractions sneak back in!
Do you need to change where your time and energy is focussed? Here are some helpful tips;
1. Write down what you are currently focusing on.
2. Sort these into two categories, things you CAN control and things you CAN’T control.
3. Now focus on the things you CAN control. Review if these are things you need to be doing or whether you can delegate these elsewhere?
– If delegating, make a clear note of what you want them to do and refer it to them quickly. Don’t sit on it!
– If you need to act on it, split tasks into below 5 mins and above 5 mins. If it is below 5min, act upon the task immediately to avoid having to re-read it at a later date. If it is above 5 min, then book a time in your diary to deal with it.
4. If you need to, come up with some actions that will help you accomplish these tasks. Set dates you want these done by and who’s accountable for getting it done.
Tip: Get momentum by starting off with the small tasks and only about 3-4, once you accomplish these small wins, you will gain confidence and clarity to tackle the next projects.
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.