If you are looking to embark on a career in accounting and would like to work in an innovative, proactive and leading provincial firm, then we want to talk to you.
This position is suitable for either school leavers with NCEA qualifications, accounting graduates or office admin staff seeking a rewarding new career in a professional environment. Full training will be provided.
Here at WK we pride ourselves on being a fantastic employer. We are committed to providing a work life balance through flexible working, we have a great culture of respect and we are committed to supporting you to achieve your professional and personal goals.
We are more than just a compliance firm. Accordingly, you’ll need to really understand the business environment and how to communicate with business people.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An interest in accounting and business;
- The desire to enter the accounting profession;
- The drive to provide excellent service to clients;
- The passion to continually develop their skills;
- A good knowledge of basic computer skills, Xero an advantage;
- Excellent time management and English communication skills both spoken and written;
- An outgoing personality, honesty, integrity and a sense of humour.
Full training will be provided to allow you to undertake these key responsibilities for the role:
- Preparing annual financial statements for company statutory reporting for a diverse client portfolio;
- Preparing a variety of clients’ tax returns including GST, FBT, PAYE, RWT, and income tax returns;
- Preparing monthly management accounts for select clients;
- Assisting our senior team to provide clients with full advisory services.
You will be well rewarded and be part of a friendly and vibrant team, working from new offices in Blenheim.
We are registered as an ATO and support staff to fulfil CAANZ entry requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.